FLASH! Silverton Train Stopped By Mudslide!
(Friday, 27 August 1999) Friday's downpour brought to a standstill cars and trains alike, causing minor flooding, widespread mudslides and knocking out power across Durango at the height of rush-hour traffic.
Two Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad trains were prevented from reaching Durango when a mudslide covered the tracks about six miles south of Silverton.
Read the story at the Durango Herald.
Fill In The Blank
Okay, boys and girls! It's pop quiz time! Give yourself ten points for each correct answer. Anyone scoring less than 100% will be ridiculed. You'll find the answers after the Song A’ Th’ Week.
- C.W. McCall's real name is ____ _____.
- On what level of the Camp Bird Mine can you find a lonesome miner?
- _________ is the state flower of Colorado.
- What make of engine did The Gallopin' Goose have?
- Where did C.W. hear the wail of a gallopin' gale?
- Who is Roy?
- How does a 10-36 go?
- Where was C.W. born?
- How many Friends a' Jesus can you cram into a chartreuse micra-bus?
- Why is "American Gramaphone" like "Lands' End"?
Surfin' With The Rubber Duck
The Duck's taking a mud bath this week. He'll be back after we hose him off.
Song A’ Th’ Week
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
(Bill Fries, Chip Davis)
From the album Wolf Creek Pass.