Welcome to the Library. Here you'll find links to information about subjects that have been mentioned in the songs of C.W. McCall, arranged in some sort of order. We’re not sure what that order is, though. It's definitely not Dewey Decimal.
Caution: except for pages on this web site, none of these links can be guaranteed to be available. If you do encounter a dead or incorrect link, please report it to the head librarian. All links were checked on 2010 January 29.
- 8 By 10 Glossy Photo. A publicity still of C.W.
- Black Bear Road: The Sequel? A photograph that looks a lot like the cover of Black Bear Road.
- Bob Norton’s Birthday Greetings to Bill Fries. A beautifully designed card that Bob created, and sent to Bill on the occasion of his 70th birthday (15 November 1998).
- Clio Awards Won By Bill Fries. C.W.'s early days.
- Concordance A list of place names, people, and a few other items that appear in the songs of C.W. McCall. (In progress.)
- Convoy: a novel by B.W.L. Norton A tie-in novel for the 1978 motion picture, Convoy.
- The Dark Of The Moon. When did The Convoy start?
- Sheet Music. From the first two albums, Wolf Creek Pass and Black Bear Road.
- Simpsons 10-Code. From The Simpsons episode “Maximum Homerdrive”.
- Durango Herald. News of southwestern Colorado.
Four Wheel Drive
- Black Bear Colorado 4WD Trail (4X4 Trail - Jeep Trail). Bob Norton's drive of September 1997.
- The Infamous Black Bear Road. Another page on The Narrow Gauge Circle. Nice pictures of the trip.
- COTrip Traveler Information.
- Southwest Colorado Access Network. A good starting point for travel and general information about southwest Colorado.
- Alpine Loop Back Country Byway. A scenic drive.
- Outdoor Recreation in Mesa Verde Country.
- Official Ouray Colorado Visitor's Guide. Lodging, accommodations, real estate, Southwest Colorado, ice climbing, 4x4, hot springs, mountain vacations.
- Telluride Colorado Visitor's Guide! Information on lodging, skiing, snowboarding, relocation, real estate, festivals, hiking, biking, jeeping, fishing, flyfishing, Film, Bluegrass, Southwest Colorado.
- Cannibal! The Musical! Troma’s — yes, those Toxic Avenger folks — and their relationship with Trey Parker.
- Alferd Packer on the Cannibal Trail. Packer history at roadsideamerica.com.
- The Ballad of Alferd Packer by Phil Ochs, with a few notes by Trent Fisher. Was his name really "Alferd"?
- Alferd Packer Restaurant & Grill at the University Memorial Center of the University of Colorado at Boulder. The house special is 'El Canibal'. Back up to the Food at UMC, Boulder, CO page, for more Al.
- Alferd Packer's Grave on Find A Grave.
- Colorful Colorado Customs. Celebrating Al.
- Slim Rails - Durango & Silverton RR. You know the subject. A page on the Slim Rails site.
- The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad The official site. Information, pictures, and online reservations.
- The Narrow Gauge Circle. The premiere Colorado Narrow Gauge Site on the WWW. Great photographs and route maps.